Fighting Against Novel Coronavirus

China Daily

News> Hong Kong> Content
Published: 11:34, January 17, 2022
No positive cases found in Aberdeen testing
By Wang Zhan
Published:11:34, January 17, 2022 By Wang Zhan

Officials collect samples through combined nasal and throat swabs for people subject to compulsory testing in a "restricted area" in Aberdeen on Jan 16, 2022, following discovery of a preliminary positive case involving the Delta variant of coronavirus. (INFORMATION SERVICES DEPARTMENT, HKSAR)

Hong Kong’s health authorities said on Monday that they have not found any positive cases during an overnight targeted testing operation in Aberdeen following the discovery of a preliminary positive case involving the Delta variant of coronavirus.

As at 10 pm yesterday, around 55 residents on 2-4 Tung Sing Road had undergone testing. Staff members were assigned to visit around 45 households, among which around 10 households didn’t answer the door.

READ MORE: HK sees 11 new virus cases, 1 preliminary Delta variant case

People within the specified restricted area, excluding the shops located on G/F of 2-8 Tung Sing Road, were required to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing until all people had undergone testing and the test results were mostly ascertained. The operation ended at around 8:30 am on Monday. 

The 10 households who have not answered the door have been asked to contact the government for arrangement of testing as soon as possible.

This photo shows officials checking whether a person in the "restricted area" has undergone compulsory testing during an enforcement operation in Aberdeen, Hong Kong. (INFORMATION SERVICES DEPARTMENT, HKSAR)

The health authorities conducted the operation after a 23-year-old woman from the neighborhood, who works at a pet shop in Causeway Bay, tested preliminary positive with the Delta variant.
ALSO READ: No new virus cases found in Tsing Yi, Sham Shui Po testing

She had received two vaccine jabs and has been deemed an untraceable case so far. She had a sore throat on Jan 11 but decided to take some medicine on her own before seeking treatment at a clinic on Saturday, where she tested preliminarily positive.

Share this story

Please click in the upper right corner to open it in your browser !