
RAMALLAH/GENEVA/JERUSALEM - The Palestinian Authority's presidential spokesman on Friday called on the US administration to intervene "immediately and decisively" to pressure Israel to halt its military operations across the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
Nabil Abu Rudeineh, the spokesman for the Palestinian Authority presidency, warned that Israel's continued military operations, including in the West Bank and East Jerusalem, "will not bring security or stability to anyone, nor will they grant legitimacy to any measures taken by the occupation authorities."
He cited Israeli military activity in several West Bank areas, noting a raid in the city of Tubas for the third consecutive day, alongside ongoing operations in Jenin and its refugee camp, as well as in Tulkarm and its camps. These actions, he said, would keep the region trapped in a cycle of violence.
Abu Rudeineh accused the Israeli government of "defying the entire world" through incessant violations of international law and United Nations resolutions. He argued that such actions undermine efforts to reach a ceasefire in the Gaza Strip and eliminate any chance of launching a political process for regional stability.
ALSO READ: Call to stop Israel’s truce violations
He reiterated his call for the US to compel Israel to end its "open-ended war against the Palestinian people" and to stop settler violence, which he said threatens to ignite the region and undermine US efforts to reduce tensions.
The spokesman concluded by reiterating the Palestinian position that the Gaza Strip is an integral part of the Palestinian homeland and state, and that its unity with the West Bank and East Jerusalem is "a fixed and non-negotiable right".
Probe into accusations of shooting surrendered Palestinians
Meanwhile, Israel has opened an investigation following a video footage circulated on social media, allegedly showing Israeli soldiers shooting and killing two Palestinians in Jenin, the northern West Bank, after they surrendered, Israel's state-owned Kan TV News reported Friday.
According to the report, three Israeli soldiers from an elite undercover counter-terrorism unit were being investigated following the release of the video showing soldiers from the unit shooting at the two Palestinians after they emerged from a structure and surrendered on Thursday.
The undercover unit operates under the Israel Border Police, in cooperation with the Israeli army and the Shin Bet security agency.

Bodies of 9 Palestinian militants found
Also on Friday, the Israel Defense Forces said it has found the bodies of nine Palestinian militants killed in tunnels in the southern Gaza Strip.
The Israeli army said in a statement that the bodies were found in the underground "terror" infrastructure in eastern Rafah, adding that the militants were most likely killed during the army's ongoing efforts to dismantle the infrastructure sites through aerial strikes and "engineering measures".
According to the Israeli army, over 30 militants who attempted to flee the underground infrastructure in eastern Rafah have been killed so far.
It added that the pursuit of militants fleeing the tunnels continues.
Hamas on Wednesday urged mediators to press Israel to allow safe passage for dozens of its fighters trapped in tunnels in southern Gaza -- the first public admission by the group that its members were cornered underground.
Israeli media have reported for weeks that 100 to 200 Hamas militants remain stuck in a tunnel network under Rafah, in territory now controlled by Israeli forces.
Over 1,000 Palestinians killed in West Bank
Israeli security forces and settlers have killed 1,030 Palestinians in the occupied West Bank, including East Jerusalem, since Oct 7, 2023, the United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has verified, a UN spokesperson said here Friday.
Among the fatalities were 223 children, Jeremy Laurence, spokesperson for the OHCHR, told a regular UN press briefing in Geneva.
Laurence said he was appalled by the recent incident in Jenin, where Israeli personnel were seen on video shooting and killing two Palestinian men.
READ MORE: Cairo conference on Gaza reconstruction postponed
He noted that killings of Palestinians by Israeli security forces and settlers in the West Bank have been surging, with a persistent lack of accountability. Impunity for Israel security forces' unlawful use of force, and ever-growing Israeli settler violence, must end, he said.
