RT-Banner-2020C.gif

China Daily

News> Nation> Content
Saturday, February 15, 2020, 13:03
New infections outside Hubei drop for 11th straight day
By Xinhua
Saturday, February 15, 2020, 13:03 By Xinhua

A nurse takes off the protective suit before walking out of the semi-contaminated area in Beijing Ditan Hospital in Beijing, capital of China, Feb 3, 2020. (PENG ZIYANG/XINHUA)

BEIJING - China's daily new confirmed cases of the coronavirus disease outside Hubei, the epicenter province in the outbreak, have been dropping for 11 consecutive days, according to the National Health Commission Saturday.

READ MORE: Xi: Outbreak's lessons must be learned

A total of 221 new confirmed cases were reported on Friday outside Hubei, the commission said.

The commission received reports of 2,641 new confirmed cases and 143 deaths on Friday from 31 provincial-level regions and the Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps, including 2,420 new cases in Hubei.

The overall confirmed cases on the Chinese mainland had reached 66,492 by the end of Friday, and 1,523 people had died of the disease

Among the deaths, 139 were in Hubei province, two in Henan, and one in Beijing and Chongqing respectively, according to the National Health Commission. 

Another 2,277 new suspected cases were reported Friday, said the commission. 

Also on Friday, 849 patients became seriously ill, while 1,373 people were discharged from hospital after recovery. 

The overall confirmed cases on the Chinese mainland had reached 66,492 by the end of Friday, and 1,523 people had died of the disease.

The commission added that 11,053 patients remained in severe condition, and 8,969 people were suspected of being infected with the virus.

ALSO READ: China at most crucial stage of virus prevention, control

A total of 8,096 people had been discharged from hospital after recovery. The commission said 513,183 close contacts had been traced, adding that among them, 30,081 were discharged from medical observation Friday, with 169,039 others still under medical observation. 

By the end of Friday, 56 confirmed cases including one death had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 10 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 18 in Taiwan.


Share this story

CHINA DAILY
HONG KONG NEWS
OPEN
Please click in the upper right corner to open it in your browser !