A photo taken, Jan 27, 2020, shows the Potala Palace in Tibet autonomous region. (PHOTO / XINHUA)
Southwest China's Tibet autonomous region, the only provincial region that hasn't reported any novel coronavirus cases, has temporarily suspended the operation of all its scenic attractions to tourists starting Monday, according to the local tourism authority.
So far Tibet has not reported any suspected or confirmed cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus
In line with Tibet's second-level emergency response, the move serves as part of the region's efforts to avoid gatherings of tourists and cross-infections to effectively block the spread of the novel coronavirus in Tibet, said the tourism development bureau of the autonomous region.
Given Tibet's plateau climate and weak healthcare conditions, visitors who insist on traveling to the region will be isolated for a 14-day medical observation and pay for all the expenses themselves, it said.
For people who have already purchased tickets for scenic spots in the region and wish to cancel their trip, local authorities should handle their refund requests free of charge, the bureau said, adding that tourist attractions will not open until further notice.
So far Tibet has not reported any suspected or confirmed cases of pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus.
Copyright 1995 - 2020. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily. Without written authorization from China Daily, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
HONG KONG NEWS