People who finished quarantine wait to get documents before leaving a designated quarantine site in Beijing, China, July 11, 2020. (ZHANG CHENLIN / XINHUA)
BEIJING – Chinese health authorities said Sunday that it received reports of seven new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Saturday and all of them were imported.
Of the seven imported cases, four were reported in Tianjin municipality, two in Shanghai municipality and one in Zhejiang province, the National Health Commission (NHC) said in its daily report.
No new suspected cases or deaths related to the disease were reported Saturday, according to the commission.
As of Saturday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,594 including 326 still being treated, with three in severe condition
On Saturday, 11 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery.
By the end of Saturday, a total of 1,971 imported cases had been reported on the mainland. Of them, 1,893 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 78 remained hospitalized, with no one in severe condition. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.
As of Saturday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,594 including 326 patients who were still being treated, with three in severe condition.
Altogether 78,634 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland, the commission said.
The commission said seven people, including four from outside the mainland, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
According to the commission, 3,739 close contacts were still under medical observation after 235 people were discharged from medical observation Saturday.
Also on Saturday, five new asymptomatic cases, all imported ones, were reported, and no asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed ones.
The commission said 112 asymptomatic cases, including 84 from outside the mainland, were still under medical observation.
By Saturday, 1,431 confirmed cases including seven deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 46 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 451 in Taiwan including seven deaths.
A total of 1,197 COVID-19 patients in the Hong Kong SAR, 45 in the Macao SAR, and 438 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.
Copyright 1995 - 2020. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily. Without written authorization from China Daily, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
HONG KONG NEWS