Elderly people take a walk accompanied by staff members at the Sijiqing nursing home in Haidian district of Beijing, capital of China, May 10, 2020. (LI XIN/XINHUA)
BEIJING - Chinese health authority said Saturday that it received reports of two new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Friday, both imported.
Liaoning province and Guangdong province each saw one imported case, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.
No new suspected cases or deaths related to the disease were reported Friday, according to the commission.
On Friday, 14 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery.
As of Friday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,587 including 330 patients who were still being treated, with three in severe conditions
By the end of Friday, a total of 1,964 imported cases had been reported on the mainland. Of them, 1,893 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 71 remained hospitalized, with no one in serious conditions. No deaths from the imported cases had been reported.
As of Friday, the overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 83,587 including 330 patients who were still being treated, with three in severe conditions.
Altogether 78,623 people had been discharged after recovery, and 4,634 had died of the disease on the mainland, the commission said.
The commission said eight people, including five from outside the mainland, were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
According to the commission, 3,580 close contacts were still under medical observation after 533 people were discharged from medical observation Friday.
Also on Friday, four new asymptomatic cases, of which three were imported, were reported, and no asymptomatic cases were re-categorized as confirmed ones.
The commission said 111 asymptomatic cases, including 82 from outside the mainland, were still under medical observation.
By Friday, 1,403 confirmed cases including seven deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 46 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 451 in Taiwan including seven deaths.
A total of 1,187 COVID-19 patients in the Hong Kong SAR, 45 in the Macao SAR, and 438 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.
Copyright 1995 - 2020. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily. Without written authorization from China Daily, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
HONG KONG NEWS