BEIJING -- The Office of the State Council Work Safety Committee and the Ministry of Emergency Management have dispatched a supervisory team to the site of a fireworks shop explosion in Central China's Hubei province, which has so far claimed 12 lives, the ministry said on Wednesday.
The supervisory team has been tasked with guiding rescue operations and the investigation into the cause of the accident, the ministry said.
The provincial government of Hubei has been required to establish an investigation team to conduct an in-depth probe and to hold those responsible accountable in accordance with the law and regulations.
The blast occurred at around 2 pm on Wednesday in Zhengji town of Xiangyang city.
