This combo photo shows British boxers Tyson Fury (left) and Anthony Joshua. (PHOTOS / AFP)
Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua will fight this year with “no more issues” to prevent the heavyweight unification bout from happening, promoter Bob Arum said on Wednesday.
Joshua beat Bulgarian Kubrat Pulev in December to retain his IBF, WBO and WBA titles and his promoter Eddie Hearn said last month that the deal for a clash with fellow Briton Fury - who holds the WBC belt - was done.
... Now, we’re scrambling around to get the thing signed and everything. But I can say clearly, based on my view on everything, that there are no more issues.
Bob Arum, Tyson Fury's promoter
ALSO READ: Joshua KOs Pulev to retain heavyweight titles, eyes Fury next
However, Fury last week played down the chances of the bout happening this year, saying that no progress has been made in fixing the fight due to delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and logistical issues.
Asked on Wednesday if the fight was on, Fury’s promoter Arum told iFL TV: “Yeah, as far as I’m concerned. That’s what each side has said. Now, we’re scrambling around to get the thing signed and everything.
“But I can say clearly, based on my view on everything, that there are no more issues.”
READ MORE: Joshua, Fury edging closer to mega-fight
Fury has not fought for a year since his knockout victory against American Deontay Wilder.
Macron stands firm on pension bill as protests escalate
At what cost? UK PM Sunak to win post-Brexit trade vote
HK has a grip on Credit Suisse storm
HK courts Michelle Yeoh to help promote city
NSL: HK to deal with overseas lawyers' role 'case-by-case' basis
Copyright 1995 - 2023. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily. Without written authorization from China Daily, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
HONG KONG NEWS