RT-Banner-2020C.gif

China Daily

News> Nation> Content
Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:56
Mainland reports no new confirmed COVID-19 cases
By Xinhua
Friday, May 29, 2020, 10:56 By Xinhua

Tourists take photos at the Site of China Sea Level Datum in Qingdao, China, on May 28, 2020. (PHOTO / XINHUA)

BEIJING/WUHAN/CHANGCHUN - Chinese health authorities said Friday that there were no newly confirmed COVID-19 cases reported on the Chinese mainland on Thursday.

There were also no additional suspected cases or deaths related to the disease reported, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.

On Thursday, three patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery while the number of severe cases remained four.

Five new asymptomatic cases were reported on the mainland on Thursday, the National Health Commission said

As of Thursday, a total of 82,995 confirmed COVID-19 cases had been reported on the mainland, and 4,634 people had died of the disease.

Altogether, 78,291 patients had been cured and discharged from hospitals by the end of Thursday, the commission said, adding that there were 70 patients still being treated.

ALSO READ: Museums proposed to remember battle with COVID-19

By Thursday, the mainland had reported a total of 1,734 imported cases. Out of those cases, 1,688 had been discharged from hospitals after recovery, and 46 remained hospitalized. No deaths from imported cases had been reported.

There were five people suspected of being infected with the virus by Thursday, the commission said, noting that four of the cases were imported.

A total of 5,591 close contacts were still under medical observation by Thursday, said the commission.

Also on Thursday, five new asymptomatic cases were reported on the mainland. No cases were re-categorized as confirmed cases, and nine asymptomatic cases were released from medical observation.

The commission said 409 asymptomatic cases, including 25 from overseas, were still under medical observation.

READ MORE: Xi calls for reforming public health systems

Jilin

No newly confirmed COVID-19 cases and asymptomatic cases were reported in northeast China's Jilin province for Thursday, the provincial health commission said Friday.

It was the fifth consecutive day that Jilin has reported no confirmed cases transmitted locally.

As of Thursday, the province had reported a total of 136 confirmed cases of local transmission, including two deaths and 117 recoveries.

There were still 17 patients receiving treatment in hospital, with two in severe condition, all in the city of Jilin. A total of 1,627 people in close contact with cases transmitted locally had been placed under medical observation, with 123 of them released from medical observation. 

Heilongjiang

The provincial health commission of northeast China's Heilongjiang said Friday there were no new confirmed cases reported Thursday. 

As of Thursday, the province had reported 11 asymptomatic cases.

A total of 233 close contacts of COVID-19 patients in the province were still under medical observation.

The province had reported a total of 559 confirmed cases of local transmission and 386 imported cases by Thursday. 

Hubei

No new confirmed cases were reported in central China's Hubei province on Thursday, the provincial health commission said Friday.

READ MORE: With arduous efforts, a united country came through virus battle


By Thursday, Hubei had five confirmed COVID-19 cases, including two in severe condition.

The province reported two new asymptomatic cases on Thursday, while nine were released from quarantine. The total number of such cases under medical observation stood at 337 by Thursday.

Hubei has so far reported 68,135 confirmed COVID-19 cases in total, including 50,340 in the provincial capital Wuhan.  

HK, Macao, Taiwan

By Thursday, 1,066 confirmed cases, including four deaths, had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 45 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 441 in Taiwan, including seven deaths.

A total of 1,035 patients in Hong Kong, 45 in Macao, and 420 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery.  

Share this story

Q&A time with female footballer Wang Shuang from China

CHINA DAILY
HONG KONG NEWS
OPEN
Please click in the upper right corner to open it in your browser !