A recovered coronavirus patient donates plasma at the Affiliated Nanhua Hospital of University of South China in Hengyang City, central China's Hunan province, March 2, 2020. (LUO MENG / XINHUA)
BEIJING/WUHAN - Chinese health authorities said Tuesday it received reports of 125 new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus infection and 31 deaths on Monday on the Chinese mainland.
All the deaths were in Hubei province, according to the National Health Commission.
There were 125 new confirmed cases and 31 deaths reported on Monday, the National Health Commission said
Among the new infections, 114 were reported in Hubei, the epicenter of the novel coronavirus outbreak, bringing the total confirmed cases in the hard-hit province to 67,217.
Meanwhile, 129 new suspected cases were reported, said the commission.
Also on Monday, 2,742 people were discharged from hospital after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by 304 to 6,806.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland had reached 80,151 by the end of Monday, including 30,004 patients who were still being treated, 47,204 patients who had been discharged after recovery, and 2,943 people who had died of the disease.
The commission said that 587 people were still suspected of being infected with the virus.
The commission added 40,651 close contacts were still under medical observation. On Monday, 7,650 people were released from medical observation.
Wuhan, the provincial capital, reported 111 confirmed cases and 24 deaths on Monday. In total, the city has registered 49,426 confirmed cases and 2,251 deaths.
The province also saw 2,410 patients discharged from hospital after recovery on Monday, bringing the total number of discharged patients in the province to 36,167.
Among the 25,050 hospitalized patients, 5,407 were still in severe condition and another 1,186 in critical condition.
The commission also said Hubei had 434 suspected cases, after 157 suspected cases were ruled out while 64 new suspected cases were reported on Monday.
By the end of Monday, 100 confirmed cases including two deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 10 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 41 in Taiwan, including one death.
Thirty-six patients in Hong Kong, eight in Macao and 12 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospital after recovery.
Copyright 1995 - 2020. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily. Without written authorization from China Daily, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
HONG KONG NEWS