In this Oct 12, 2018 file photo, Britain's Prince Philip waits for the bridal procession following the wedding of Princess Eugenie of York and Jack Brooksbank in St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, near London, England. Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip the husband of Queen Elizabeth II had been in a traffic accident and is not injured. The palace said the accident happened Jan 17, 2019 afternoon near the queen’s country residence in Sandringham in eastern England. (ALASTAIR GRANT / AP)
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth's 97-year-old husband Prince Philip received a warning from police after he was photographed apparently driving without a seat belt, just two days after he was involved in a crash while at the wheel.
Suitable words of advice have been given to the driver and this is in line with our standard response when being made aware of our receiving such images showing this type of offence
Newspapers showed pictures of Philip driving a replacement Land Rover on Saturday at the royals' Sandringham residence in Norfolk. He did not appear to be using a seat belt while travelling on a public road.
"We are aware of the photographs," a police spokesman said. "Suitable words of advice have been given to the driver and this is in line with our standard response when being made aware of our receiving such images showing this type of offence."
On Thursday, Philip escaped without injury when his car flipped over following a crash with another vehicle close to Sandringham.
Philip was unhurt, although shaken in the crash. The other driver, a 28-year-old woman, suffered cuts to her knee and a 45-year-old woman passenger in the car, which also had a nine-month-old baby on board, sustained a broken wrist. They were taken to hospital but later released.
A spokeswoman for Philip, asked about Saturday's incident, said: "It's a matter for Norfolk police."
Philip has developed a reputation for brusque comments and often headline-grabbing verbal gaffes.
Copyright 1995 - 2019. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily. Without written authorization from China Daily, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
HONG KONG NEWS