HONG KONG - Hong Kong police have arrested a 50-year-old man in relation to a knife attack in Tseung Kwan O during which three people were attacked in a tunnel between Chung Ming Court and Hau Tak Estate in the early morning of Tuesday.
Meanwhile, two police officers were held for questioning for their alleged assault of an elderly man at North District Hospital who had been detained for drunken behavior
Tse Chun-chung, chief superintendent of the police’s public relations branch, announced Tuesday’s arrest during the police force’s daily press briefing that day.
Tse said police are still investigating the motive behind the attack, which occurred at 1:35 am.
Meanwhile, two police officers were held for questioning for their alleged assault of an elderly man at North District Hospital who had been detained for drunken behavior. Tse said both officers were being held in Tsuen Wan, and will be suspended from their duties later, as per the Police Force Ordinance.
The Hong Kong Police Force does not tolerate any violence, regardless of one’s background, and will handle each and every case in an evenhanded manner, Tse said.
ALSO READ: HK govt regrets protesters' targeting police
“An unlawful act is an unlawful act, and we strongly condemn all violent acts, and we will be investigating both incidents very seriously,” said Tse, adding that police will bring to anyone justice who breaks the law.
Copyright 1995 - 2023. All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily. Without written authorization from China Daily, such content shall not be republished or used in any form.
HONG KONG NEWS